McAfee Stinger 64-bit is a standalone utility utilized to find and also remove details viruses. It is not an alternative to full anti-virus security, but a specialized tool to help administrators and also customers when handling an infected system. Information on new or improved signatures added with each Stinger construct are detailed in the Readme information.
McAfee Stinger utilizes next-generation scan modern technology, including rootkit scanning, as well as check efficiency optimizations. It identifies as well as gets rid of dangers recognized under the “” Danger Listing”” choice under Advanced food selection choices in the Stinger application.
Stinger is a standalone utility produced by McAfee to find and also eliminate particular viruses. It is not a substitute for complete antivirus security. Instead, it is a device that helps you cleanse a contaminated computer system of specific known threats.
Stinger utilizes a McAfee modern technology called Global Threat Intelligence (GTI) to identify unsafe websites. GTI continuously monitors web sites around the world for malicious web content.At site mcafee stinger downloads from Our Articles
When you download and install Stinger, you can allow GTI in the list below means:
- Click Preferences.
- Select the preferred GTI sensitivity level.
KEEP IN MIND: If you choose High or Very High, McAfee Labs suggests that you set the On infection discovery action to Report only for the initial scan. Establishing this choice makes sure that legitimate data are not unintentionally eliminated.
To download and install as well as run the Stinger, comply with these actions:
- To start, most likely to the Stinger download page.
- Click the bold Download Stinger web link. This downloads the most typically made use of version:
- Do not pick the ePO versions of Stinger. These are for use in company environments.
- If you have a 64-bit version of Windows, click Download and install Stinger for x64 systems.
- Click Download And Install Now.
- Conserve Stinger to a practical place, such as your desktop computer.
- Right-click the Stinger application that you just downloaded.
- Select Run as Administrator.
- If you see a Windows safety caution:
- Click Yes, Continue, or Run.
- Approve the End User Licence Arrangement (EULA).
- Click Customize my scan to include extra drives or directories (only the C: drive is checked by default).
- Click Check. Stinger fixings all contaminated documents found.
VITAL: If Stinger repairs any type of contaminated documents, expand the area below for crucial information.